This is part two a two-part Integrated Care Resource Center (ICRC) Working with Medicare webinar on Medicare 201 held on March 25, 2021.
This webinar provides an overview of integrated care pathways, how states can work with D-SNPs to design supplemental benefits offerings, and steps that states can take to improve coordination of care for dually eligible populations. The webinar is especially helpful to state staff who are new to or seek a refresher on Medicare.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this presentation, attendees should be able to describe:
- The potential benefits of increasing frequency of Medicare Modernization Act (MMA) and buy-in file exchanges with CMS;
- Steps that states can take to simplify Medicare and Medicare Savings Program eligibility and enrollment for dually eligible individuals;
- Ways that states can streamline payment of Medicare cost sharing; and
- Integrated care models that states can use to coordinate Medicare and Medicaid benefits.
- Caitlin Murray, Mathematica
- Giselle Torralba, Center for Health Care Strategies
Part one of this webinar series, Medicare 101: An Introduction to Medicare Benefits and the Roles of Medicare and Medicaid in Serving Dually Eligible Individuals, can be found here.